||Job Summary: This position is an integral part of the work team, rendering service to patrons alongside co-workers. In addition to rendering service to customers, the Account Captain has additional duties involving coordination and administration, as well
as providing troubleshooting and/or guidance when the manager is not on site. However, the Captain is NOT a manager. Instead, the individual will serve in much the same function as the Captain of a sports team. He or she will handle the critical issues head-on
and may be required to make judgment calls when expediency is priority. When issues are not urgent, he or she will report information to his or her direct supervisor, provide the facts of the matter, and seek instruction for how to proceed. However, the flow
and execution of the team is primary area of focus for this position.
• Operational Reporting:
Reporting tardiness or missed shifts
Reporting uniform issues
Reporting behavioral / non-teamwork focused activities
o In some instances, the Captain may need to notify the manager immediately via phone call.
o Claim reporting:
• Revenue Collection:
• Revenue Reporting:
• Time and Attendance Reporting:
• Tip distribution:
• Customer Service Initiatives and Daily Game Plans: While it is the role of Managers to develop Daily Game Plans and Customer Service Initiatives, the Captain role is the execution of those plans while on shift. He or she cannot, unless directed by the manager,
alter or drastically change any plans, initiatives or actions items.
• Directing the work of others: While on property, the Captain may appoint associates to certain routine roles. He or she cannot, unless directed by the manager assign someone to a non-ordinary role.
• Scope of authority: The Captain has no authority to formally discipline another associate. Disciplinary actions are to be carried out by the manager who oversees the account. The Captain does however have the ability to “cut staff” if business conditions
dictate and is considered a normal course of action when slow conditions exists. Unless directed by the manager, he or she should first ask for volunteers and secondly go to “most hours worked or scheduled”. The Captain does not have the authority to hire
or terminate other associates, to enter into contracts on behalf of the Company, or assume any sort of liability on behalf of the company.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Required traits include strong desire to win and succeed. This position requires a stickler for details and anything less will not be sufficient. We are looking for a motivator that identifies leadership opportunities and seizes the moment for development
• Candidate must have experience in directing projects that involve many moving parts and personalities.
• Have a background in operations