||Parking Director of Houston Galleria
Position Status: Full-Time, 40-50 hrs per week
Compensation: $60,000 Salary, health benefits
Position Summary: Manage all elements of the parking facilities to AmeriPark contractual expectations, focusing on service expectations, increasing financial performance, cost controls, revenue management control, and physical integrity of property.
The Parking Director is responsible for the oversight of the parking and other non-valet transportation programs at the high-end Houston Galleria. In this capacity, the General Manager provides leadership and direction to department staff, overseeing self-parking
operations and technology aspects in all areas on the property, and other transportation initiatives as set forth by the client. Garage locations on property vary in complexity but are centrally located within a 1-mile radius.
• Responsible for hiring, training and development of Parking Attendants, Cashiers, Maintenance and Supervisors
• Responsible for managing all employees by setting work expectations and leadership standards
• Develops directly reporting supervisors and team members to create a highly engaged environment
• Offers consistent and timely feedback to hourly staff to ensure effective communication between supervisors, management and staff
• Coordinate parking and transportation activities with other departments
• Develop and implement programs to improve guest and employee satisfaction
• Work through scheduled team meetings to develop strategies to improve employee satisfaction
• Ensure appropriate and timely investigation response to guest and employee concerns
• Oversee team member audits and follow-up to ensure all guidelines and policies are followed
• Encourage team member development and participate in employee interviews for all positions
• Work closely with property management by attending weekly or daily meeting with GM and Management to build a relationship and ensure expectations are met
• Manage operating budgets, labor and non-labor budgets
• Uphold and implement programs to support community involvement and property management initiatives involving parking and valet operations
• Assist with other parking operation duties as necessary, such as increased volume during holidays and peak season, jumping in to help or even scheduling yourself with your team for training and accountability, etc,.
• A strong passion for delivering the highest quality results for your guests, team and client
• Very adept computer/analytical skill set
• Able to decipher reports, identify trends, compile data and extract to GM in at-a-glance report at regular reporting intervals
• Flexible availability, open to peak times including days, nights and occasional weekends as the season and role require
• Ability to achieve results through the flawless execution of calculated strategies and objectives
• Strong organizational, planning, delegation, mentoring and coaching skills, and a hunger to participate in regular training in each category not already "mastered"
• Demonstrated desire to sharpen skills and develop in all areas of management
• Able to schedule employees (no more than 10) and understand basic scheduling strategy
• Experience managing in a high-scale, multi-operation single location (parking strongly preferred)
• Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining 100% focus on regular duties
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Must be proficient in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Ability to think quickly and to make sound decisions
• Minimum 3 years of operations management experience in hospitality industry, including experience in guest and/or customer service (parking industry preferred)
• Minimum 2 year degree involving Computer Science, Accounting or IT. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting or IT from a four-year college or university is preferred but not required.
• Verifiable work history matching resume
• Working knowledge of parking and transportation systems software a plus
• Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights on occasion, as required by season and role
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, walking/traveling to multiple locations on property throughout the day
• Valid in-state driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Submission of various reports to specified client personnel – Incident, deposit, daily field, monthly usage, and monthly operating statement
• Assurance of correct submission of property / departmental payroll to AmeriPark with focus on controlling labor cost and maximizing revenue
• Review and amend pertinent staffing schedules
• Responsible for accuracy of work from departmental supervisors
• AmeriPark internal reporting and budget factoring
• Internal / External Audit scheduling and supervision
• Operational Reporting
• Claim reporting
• Revenue Collection
• Revenue Reporting
• Time and Attendance Reporting
• Tip distribution (where applicable)
• Customer Service Initiatives and Daily Game Plans
• Directing the work of others
• Scope of authority - Disciplinary actions are to be carried out by the person in this role.