||Sponsor Account Manager
|Minimum Pay Rate
||Why the Stampede?
When you work for the Calgary Stampede you are part of a family of employees, volunteers and sponsors committed to the community. The Stampede is more than a 10-day celebration – it is a world-class, year-round gathering place dedicated to youth education, agricultural programs, connecting rural and urban communities, and creating exceptional experiences. We are a group of passionate, curious, team-oriented folks who love what we do.
Hours: 40 hours per week. Additional hours as required, including evenings and weekends.
Benefits: We offer a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent benefits package, competitive vacation time; flex days, opportunity for advancement and employee training.
Position summary: Reporting to the Sponsorship Manager - this position is responsible for developing and executing promotional and advertising programs with current sponsors as well as securing new corporate sponsorship through sales and relationship management.
Typical duties: Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Build and manage sponsorship relationships to align sponsor objectives with stampede products and programming in order to provide exceptional experiences and increase revenue.
• Create and execute cross promotions in collaboration with sponsorship clients and Stampede departments and volunteer committees.
• Create post analysis evaluations; reporting back to sponsors on results of their Stampede participation.
• Strategic relationship management to ensure effective communication and issue management.
• Develop and implement sales and prospecting strategies to increase sponsorship revenue for the Calgary Stampede’s including year-round activities.
• Research, identify and prioritize prospective sponsors and sponsor categories based on pre-established targets and sell to achieve revenue goals.
• Negotiate and execute sponsorship agreements between Calgary Stampede and its sponsors.
• The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have the ability to multitask.
• He/she will have an undergraduate degree or diploma in Commerce, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field from an accredited university or college, as well as the following:
• Minimum of five (5) years of related experience in marketing, sales and promotions is required.
• Excellent listening, verbal, written, public speaking and presentation skills.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Proficiency in Ungerboeck / EBMS is an asset.
Physical demands: Extended flexible hours. Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs., and pushing / pulling up to 10 lbs. Frequent repetitive arm, hand and finger movement. Bending, reaching and daily stair climbing required. Exposure to dust / fumes / gases / odours / animal dander and change in temperature. Accurate visual acuity, colour vision and conversational auditory skills required.
Please submit a resume to www.calgarystampede.com/employment
All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.