Why the Stampede? When you work for the Calgary Stampede you are part of a family of employees, volunteers and sponsors committed to the community. The Stampede is more than a 10-day celebration – it is a world-class, year-round gathering place dedicated to youth education, agricultural programs, connecting rural and urban communities, and creating exceptional experiences. We are a group of passionate, curious, team-oriented folks who love what we do.
• Provide excellent customer service in a prompt, friendly, and efficient manner.
• Organize, prepare, and cook quality food products using grills, fryers, ovens, and other kitchen equipment.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work station.
• Ensure food is presentable, appetizing, and served quickly and efficiently.
• Maintain chilled, frozen, and hot food temperatures as per AHS Standards.
• Rotate food stock to maintain freshness.
• Train new staff when required.
• Other duties as required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to perform lifting and manual labour.
• Fast food cooking experience is an asset.
• Must be positive, energetic, and a team player.
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
• Ability to work well and thrive under pressure in a stressful environment.
• Knowledge of food safety procedures is an asset.
• Alberta Health Services Food Safe Certification must be obtained upon employment.
• Proficiency in English language, written and verbal, is required.
Continuous heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. Standing and walking for long hours on concrete floors. Repetitive arm, hand and foot movement. Frequent pushing, pulling, crouching, reaching, bending, stair climbing, and exposure to noise, dust, fumes, gases, odours, temperature change, and animal dander. Visual acuity is required.
To apply: Please apply online at www.calgarystampede.com/employment .
All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.