||Sponsorship Coordinator - Team Lead
||Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver
exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class,
year-round gathering place for the community.
Reporting to the sponsorship manager – this position is responsible for providing a high level support to the Sponsorship department. This position involves working closely with the sponsorship manager to ensure efficient allocation of responsibilities and
operation of the department. This position will liaise with sponsors of the Calgary Stampede, internal colleagues and volunteer committees to ensure sponsor requirements are met.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Budget Management for the Sponsorship department, which includes:
o Develop the yearly budgets for sponsorship and Corporate Relations Committee, including May and September year end forecast budgets.
o Commenting on variances and assisting with 90 day outstanding reports
o Invoicing for sponsorship agreement fees and miscellaneous bill backs
o Work with accounting for all internal & committee transfers (cash & in-kind)
o Analysis and reconciliation, tracking and reporting for Sponsor Manager and Director.
• Team lead for sponsorship coordinators:
o Responsible for supervising, hiring, training, managing workloads, approving time and performance reviews of the sponsorship coordinators
o Lead the coordinators in the execution of sponsorship related events including President’s Event and Sponsors’ Luncheon, Rio Alto, Champagne & Chaps, Sponsor Summit
o Lead the coordinators in the execution of programs for sponsors at Stampede time – publication management, Stampede time accreditation for sponsors, managing rsvp lists, photo shot list, organizing chute tours, Stampede time hosting and numerous activations
and initiatives by our sponsors
o Oversee the Sponsorship coordinators in defined roles and responsibilities to assist five Sponsor account managers' in fulfilling contractual obligations of our top level sponsors.
• Responsible for maintaining contact and financial information in Ungerboeck and setting up tracking reports.
• Fulfill all ticketing requirements for sponsors – using Archtics and working closely with the ticket department and directly with sponsors to fulfill sponsor ticket requirements and applying hosting credits, as necessary.
• Assist Sponsor account managers with fulfillment of many contractual elements including tickets, gate passes, food and drink vouchers, parking, invitations and discount cards.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have the ability to multitask. He/she should have an undergraduate degree or diploma from an accredited university or college, as well as the following:
• Two plus years of related experience.
• Knowledge of co-operative marketing, promotions and budgeting are required.
• Proficiency in Ungerboeck is an asset.
• Exceptional communication, customer service and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and keen attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and database applications.
The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.
Please click on the “Apply Online” button below to submit your resume. All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.