||Why the Stampede? When you work for the Calgary Stampede you are part of a family of employees, volunteers and sponsors committed to the community. The Stampede is more than a 10-day celebration – it is a world-class, year-round gathering place dedicated to youth education, agricultural programs, connecting rural and urban communities, and creating exceptional experiences. We are a group of passionate, curious, team-oriented folks who love what we do.
Position summary: Parking Attendant will be one of the first people to welcome customers, clients and event attendees onto Stampede Park.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Assist patrons in parking vehicles in an orderly, safe and friendly manner.
• Provide patrons with exceptional customer service.
• Control and direct traffic.
• Ensure parking regulations are followed.
• Operate a radio in a professional manner.
• Occasional lifting up to 10 lbs. Frequent arm, hand and finger movement, squatting, bending, exposure to change in temperature, noise, dust, fumes, gases, odours and animal dander. Visual acuity is required.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have the ability to multi-task and have a strong customer service background.
• Must be a team player and possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to adhere to department rules and regulations and be able to follow instructions as required.
• Must maintain a high standard of dress and deportment and be able to work outdoors.
• Flexibility to work various shifts is an asset..