||Venue Services Attendant I
||Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver
exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class,
year-round gathering place for the community.
To ensure building cleanliness, sanitation and overall appearance of Calgary Stampede facilities, while providing exceptional customer service to our guests.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Maintain the appearance of Calgary Stampede facilities by performing housekeeping/janitorial services, including garbage removal, floor care, snow removal and cleaning.
• Safely and correctly operate small motorized cleaning equipment.
• Perform routine security functions.
• Adhere to all safety and environmental protection programs and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Assist with set-up and tear-out of events, as required.
• Address facility maintenance, including minor painting duties and furniture repairs, as required.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
• High standards of cleanliness and able to provide exceptional customer service.
• Previous building attendant or housekeeping experience is an asset.
• Must demonstrate social awareness and communicate with tact and diplomacy.
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated with an excellent work ethic.
• Must not have a fear of working around large animals and livestock.
• Ability to read English in order to understand instructions, notices, hazards and labels.
• WHMIS certification is an asset.
• Must have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Please click on the “Apply Online” button below to submit your resume. All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.