||HCRs act as advocates and meet with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and
computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career at Change Healthcare!
• Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
• Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
• Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
• Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
• Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
• Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
• Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed.
• Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and/or hospital computer systems.
• Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
||• 4 year college degree preferred
• Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client
• Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred
• 1-3 years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
• Possible language skills, as required by geographic location
• Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel
• Professional & polished demeanor
• Strong work ethics and confidentiality
• Time management skills and attention to detail
Change Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Change Healthcare is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations
to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or
disability. Please visit Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend