||Environmental Science Contractor
||The Environmental Science Contractor is responsible for writing clear assessment questions and answers of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of concepts in Environmental Science. S/he will author hints, answers and
feedback that provide insightful diagnosis of student mistakes and misconceptions and coach students toward comprehension.
The qualified candidate will be able to work remotely throughout the US.
· Writing clear, engaging assessment questions which test student’s understanding and application of concepts.
· Authoring hints and feedback that anticipate common student errors, provide insightful diagnosis of their misconceptions, and coach them toward comprehension of the material.
· Creating answers to these questions that are complete and concise.
· Inputting the questions, hints, solutions, and feedback into the software.
· Providing clear, concise feedback to other contractors in order to correct errors of content, spelling, grammar, and/or pedagogy.
· Strong knowledge base in Environmental Science (Biology or Ecology)
· Recent experience teaching a non-majors, 100 level, Environmental Science course.
· Desire to see students learn and succeed in their roles as students
· Ability to write conceptual questions
· Experience writing original homework and/or test questions
· Strong computer skills including the ability to quickly learn new products and technology
· 10 - 15 hours per week, with the possibility to increase in the future
· Experience teaching a non-majors, 100 level Environmental Science course and writing original homework and/or test questions
· Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
· MS or MA in Environmental Science, Ecology, or Biology. PhD in progress will be considered