Salesforce Admin Lead
New York City
Macmillan Learning is a division of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC, d/b/a Macmillan Learning.
The Customer Engagement Team at Macmillan Learning is seeking an experienced Salesforce.com Administrator to drive continuous improvement of the company’s enterprise CRM platform. Our Salesforce.com instance has been adopted by 600 users across North America, spanning business lines and job functions, and we need a lead admin to help ensure it’s maintained at peak efficiency.
We’re looking for someone who “gets the big picture,” and uses his or her technical knowledge to proactively dive into issues, derive solutions and prioritize execution based on evolving business needs.
You will be joining a highly motivated team that prides itself on adding value with every user interaction, release and support ticket closed. Our Salesforce environment is complex, with a serious amount of custom business logic (triggered behavior, Visualforce screens, Apex code, etc.) and integration with numerous systems and data sources.
You will be responsible for directly managing a small team of Salesforce admins, and working closely with other team members, including L1 support, BAs, PM, technical lead and QA team, as well our implementation partner.
Just as importantly, you will be working with end users to ensure their issues resolved and requirements met in a timely manner. In fact, you will be expected to engage directly with users through multiple channels, acting as one of the team’s business points of contact.
This is a role for a hands-on team player who likes to work hard while collaborating and having fun at a great company that is keen on innovating.
● Own day-to-day business operations of Salesforce and customer data in order to support sales, marketing, editorial, customer service and senior management users and integrated systems
● Serve as Salesforce operational liaison and Subject Matter Expert (SME) with business stakeholders, vendors and other technology teams
● Continually update and configure Salesforce.com per user requirements and in alignment with change management processes
● Manage and lead a small team of Salesforce admins to support the platform, including help desk triage and resolution of tickets, configuration changes, data loads, dashboard development, etc.
● Manage users, roles, profiles, territories, sharing rules and other setup options
● Prepare data files and handle uploads to Salesforce via data loader and other 3rd party tools
● As required, create custom objects, triggers and workflows
● Troubleshoot, monitor, evaluate and analyze systems and data to solve issues
● Design, automate and improve processes and data quality across the company’s CRM ecosystem
● Provide timely responses, communications and updates on all relevant channels
● Actively monitor Chatter and participate in relevant discussions with Salesforce users
● Own the change management process to deploy code, configuration changes, data and other updates between sandboxes and the production environment
● Manage Salesforce Sandbox environments, code comparison and data refreshes
● Oversee/perform system maintenance, security, release management, backups and restores
● Stay up to date with Salesforce releases and recommend/test new functionality that will enhance platform use and streamline business processes
● Shares best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support and contribute to documentation and knowledge base
● Partner with Salesforce trainers to ensure they have appropriate and timely access to upcoming changes in relevant environments
● As required, attend company Regional and National Sales Meetings to help conduct user training and to provide hands-on assistance to 100s of business users through in-person sessions and by manning a Salesforce booth
● Manage user licenses
● Strong overall technical background and a proven problem solver with the ability to handle very detailed tasks across interrelated projects
● Must be extremely proactive. This role isn’t for someone who takes a back seat waiting for things to come to them
● A positive, “can do” attitude and willingness to jump in wherever needed – fielding L1 tickets, doing user training, writing documentation, working after hours to deploy releases, etc.
● Project management, time management and organizational skill
● Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
● Motivated self-starter with the ability to maintain poise under pressure
● High sense of urgency and goal orientation (thrives in a fast-paced environment)
● Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience writing concise and relevant end-user communications, e.g. service notifications, known issue updates, status on planned fixes, etc.
● Experience as a direct manager
● Salesforce.com Certified Administrator (201 or higher)
● Minimum 4+ years’ experience as a Salesforce.com admin
● Experience working on an enterprise Salesforce.com implementation, ideally with Service Cloud that includes multi-channel case management, KnowledgeBase and Live Agent
● Experience defining and managing complex, multivariate security models for enterprise territories, roles, profiles and field-level access
● Deep understanding of Salesforce.com functionality, options, limitations and best practices
● Experience with custom reporting, views and dashboards
● Experience working with workflows and triggers to automate tasks
● Ability to introduce new Salesforce elements, processes, procedures
● Experience evaluating and implementing 3rd party add-ins and extensions
● Experience with data manipulation, data analysis, and data cleansing (Excel, SOQL)
● Experience configuring or directly supporting Marketo, ExactTarget or Jive Communities
● Experience with Apex and Visualforce development is a plus
● A background in the education or publishing industries would be beneficial
Send This Job to a Friend
Visit a Publisher’s website
- - - - - - - - - -
Farrar, Straus & Giroux
First Second Books
St. Martin's Press
- - - - - - - - - -
Feiwel & Friends
Farrar, Straus & Giroux Books for Young Readers
Henry Holt Books for Young Readers
Square Fish Books
COLLEGE & ACADEMIC
- - - - - - - - - -
MAGAZINES & JOURNALS
- - - - - - - - - -