Back to K¹² Home
Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Submit a General Profile
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
SUMMARY: The Elementary School Content Specialist is a contractor who provides expertise in a given subject area and works closely with other Content Specialists as well as writers, instructional designers, art directors and systems development to create the overall structure and goals for the Company’s curriculum in that subject area, including reviewing and editing lesson activities, assessment and instructional guides.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides content knowledge in the subject area of his or her specialty;
• At the discretion of the Director of Mathematics, creates or consults on the Scope and Sequence for new math courses across one or more grade levels;
• Plans content modules and consults on the design of materials for multi-year curriculum;
• Coordinates with Lesson Writers, Instructional Designers, Media Specialists, Visual Designers and others to develop prototypes for overall activities and lesson structure (online and offline), per established workflows;
• Writes text, as required under guidance from the Director of Mathematics or any associated Project Manager, for content lessons.
• Outlines and reviews text designed to guide students, and, in some cases, a non-specialist adult, through the steps needed to complete a mathematical lesson;
• Outlines and reviews lessons, including learning objectives, guides to instructors, activities, recommendations for computer-based interactivity, recommendations for assessment, etc.;
• Reviews computer-based and offline lessons and materials for pedagogical effectiveness and content accuracy;
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
• Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s degree or equivalent academic credential in related field
• Four (4) years of experience in online course development or virtual teaching
• Four (4) years of experience in conventional classroom teaching
• Familiarity with national standards in the field, and with current trends in methodology
• Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment
• Exceptional writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite or equivalent software
• Stable broadband Internet access for creation and transmission of materials
• Willingness to learn new technologies and workflow systems including the Company’s models for storyboards, activities, exercises, and assessments for online writing
• Ability to review and select material and assets from previously created Company courses
• Responsiveness to constructive feedback
• Positive and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
• Ability to meet all delivery deadlines specified by the Company
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Send This Job to a Friend
Back to K¹² Home
Copyright © 2009 K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K¹² is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K¹² logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.