You know that your kids have something special inside them. We know it too. The Ohio Virtual Academy and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping Ohio students in grades K-12 reach their true, personal potential.
SUMMARY: The School Psychologist provides a full range of school psychological services including screening and assessment, designing remedial educational programs, counseling with staff, parents, students and outside agencies, parent and teacher interventions and data analysis.
· Ensures all newly received special education documents are compliant, and if not compliant, take the necessary steps to ensure compliancy; Ensures all existing documents are compliant with the guidelines set forth by the State of Ohio; Ensures meeting of deadlines to ensure compliancy
· Administers academic assessments to currently enrolled students
· Educates parents and staff on findings; Educates staff on needed data for evaluations
· Holds meetings with IEP team
· Interprets data related to special education students and students being evaluated
· Provides professional development to staff, as necessary
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Flexible schedule; Ability to travel up to 75%
· Ability to pass required background check
NOTE :POSITION WILL BEGIN IN FALL 2014