||Electrical Code Specialist/Engineer
The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a pension plan and an on-site fitness center. Want to make a difference? Join Us.
We have an ideal opportunity for an electrical specialist/engineer who will independently manage technical projects of a complex nature related to area of expertise including technical committee, product development, and association activities. The primary
responsibility of this position is to perform the following listed activities on behalf of the core Electrical projects; NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), NFPA 70 E (Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
- Technical Committee – Manages technical committee activities and projects of major complexity throughout the document development process, serving as technical committee staff liaison in compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
- Product Development – Oversees all content development and review for product development activities acting as technical expert in support of any product development within the area of expertise.
- Technical Services – Provides technical services of major complexity in support of internal and external association activities within the area of expertise to support the adoption and use of the assigned standards.
- Cross functional activities – Participates in related association cross functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned within area of technical expertise.
- External Liaison – Acts as representative for the association to local and federal government, industry, related organizations, and media outlets serving as the principal liaison between the association and the appropriate organization to ensure association
representation and awareness.
- Budgetary Criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
- Professional Certification/Licensure in related field.
- 7 to 10 years experience.
- Proven project management experience and excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are important.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend