The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
Want to make a difference? Join Us.
NFPA is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer to join out Chemical and Industrial Engineering Division. The Senior Engineer will independently manage technical projects of major complexity related to their area of expertise. These projects will include
technical committee, product development, as well as other association activities. The Senior Engineer will serve as an Association spokesperson with their area of expertise, as well as a technical project manager for all assigned technical committees.
- Technical Committee – Manages technical committee activities and projects of major complexity throughout document development process, serving as technical committee staff liaison in compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
- Product Development – Oversees all content development and review for product development activities acting as technical expert in support of any product development within the area of expertise.
- Technical Services – Provides technical services of major complexity in support of internal and external association activities within the area of expertise to support the adoption and use of the assigned standards.
- Cross functional activities – Participates in related association cross functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned within area of technical expertise.
- External Liaison – Acts as representative for the association to local and federal government, industry, related organizations, and media outlets serving as the principal liaison between the association and the appropriate organization to ensure association
representation and awareness.
- Budgetary Criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
- B.S. degree in chemical, mechanical or fire protection engineering preferred.
- Relevant work experience in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) area is a plus.
- 10+ years of industrial experience.
- Professional Certification/Licensure in related field preferred. Interest in the development and application of codes and standards in the industrial and chemical sector.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Proven project management experience and excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and writing skills.
- Knowledgeable on professional engineering concepts and methods; applies knowledge to carry out complex work assignments and large scale projects; interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions.
- Solves uniquely and highly complex problems that have a broad impact on the organization; requires novel and creative approaches to resolution.
- New concepts and approaches may have to be developed.
- Works independently to achieve pre-defined results.
- Sets own goals and uses original thinking to plan and complete work and accomplish results.
- Manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Creator of Value – Producer of extraordinary results, creative, constantly testing and improving and challenging, trusted, thought leader.
- Skilled Communicator – Listen and understand, understandable and articulate, open and honest.
- Role Expert – Have and employ relevant knowledge and experience, earns the respect of others, not just for the job, apply experience and learn quickly, build solutions that can be replicated.
- High Performer – Set standards of excellence that others value, regularly exceed expectations, regularly build new challenging expectations.
- Team Oriented – Concerned more with team successes than personal success and easily share credit, lead through complex issues, comfortable working with others and naturally developing others.
- Normal office working conditions.
- Travel required up to 30% of the time.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend