The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
to make a difference? Join Us.
We are looking for bright, upbeat customer representative to be the front-line of our organization. Strong relationships with our customers is our priority, so we only want the best. Ideal candidates will have superb customer service and verbal communication
skills along with the ability to compose emails and handle chat sessions courteously. We’re growing at a rapid pace and in order to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, shift flexibility is a necessity.
This is a part-time role at 20 hours per week.
- Responds professionally and promptly according to scripting to incoming inquiries from customers requesting assistance on product information and placing orders.
- Inquiry sources include telephone, electronic communication and Web Chat.
- Provides basic level of customer support but will be able to refer more complex inquiries to other staff members.
- Utilizes prepared scripts and electronic responses in response to customer inquiries, as required.
- Obtains and verifies all customer contact information for accuracy in various data bases.
- Maintains complete confidentiality with customer information.
- Eagerness to stay updated on current promotions, product features and procedures that are necessary to assist customers on a daily basis.
- Ensures sufficient staff availability to assist the needs of customers through coordination of daily schedule with other department members.
- Maintains a professional and upbeat demeanor with all callers.
- Motivated to learn and grow along with NFPA!
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient working with technology, including internet functions.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Superior listening and interpersonal skills.