||Marketing Data Analyst
The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
to make a difference? Join Us.
NFPA is looking for a Marketing Data Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced, change-centric culture and has a strong passion for technology systems, database languages, as well as traditional and digital marketing channels The Marketing Data Analyst will use
multiple data sources and systems to provide the NFPA Business Group with analytical insight during large scale initiatives, to evaluate marketing campaigns & channels, to identify patterns in stakeholder behaviors and purchases, and to validate product development
concepts and opportunities through the use of various data points.
More specifically, the analyst will:
- Independently execute complex analytical studies using association databases, related data sources, complex technologies, multiple analytical tools and organizational awareness to identify / quantify trends in product sales and customer behavioral patterns.
- Actively participate in implementation / execution of key projects that result from analytical studies. Supply on going data and measurements to support active projects.
- Provide analytical support to larger Association initiatives. Examples include training churn patterns, membership acquisition/retention modeling, product life cycle studies & seasonality patterns, web behavior as it relates to marketing opportunities,
and stakeholder profiling.
- Measure and monitor effectiveness of marketing campaigns across multiple channels including print, email, social media, outbound calling, digital advertising, etc.; experienced calculating related KPIs (i.e. click rates, response rates, conversion rates,
ROI, impressions, etc.).
- Design, build, adjust and monitor response attribution models to understand response rates by audience and product line and to predict future revenue.
- Update and audit all existing month-end reporting. Review recurring reporting regularly to adjust for database updates and to capture new product lines.
- Build basic ad-hoc reports on sales, products and customers for Marketing, Product Development, Fulfillment, Sales, Customer Service, and Segment Directors. Reconcile all reporting to established financial and published performance reports and resources.
- Lead in the creation, maintenance and modifications to Business Group dashboards. Empower colleagues to be more self-sufficient in data access and interpretation by investigating goals, then building dashboards, data tools, etc. to meet specific needs.
- Collaborate, cross-train, share ideas and foster relationships with other data-centric areas of the association (i.e. NFPA Research division, NFPA Finance team, NFPA Information Technology division).
- Evaluate renewal and retention metrics for all continuity products using a complex methodology and/or review training and publication sales for re-engagement patterns and opportunities.
- Support strategies that connect 360° view of the stakeholder into business analytics; represent Business Group needs in relation to our CRM system and related data quality, data flow and reporting/usage.
- Work with various Marketing staff members to better utilize Site Catalyst web reporting and make necessary enhancements (create funnels, new customer groups, etc.).
- Manage the data mining, auditing and validation of data during marketing platform upgrades and vendor changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Information Technology, Business, Mathematics or Finance.
- Proficiency constructing complex queries in SSMS (SQL) including sub-queries/nested queries, multi-table joins, unions, complex case statements, etc.
- Strong proficiency in Excel including built-in queries, pivot tables, Power Pivot, complex calculations and look-ups, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Site Catalyst or similar web analytics tools. Knowledge of Salesforce / CRM systems, KNIME, Tableau, Visual Studio or like technologies.
- Excellent project management, time management and analytical skills.
- 5 years of experience in a marketing, reporting, finance or information systems environment or a similar mix of education and professional experience. Familiarity with training or subscription / membership programs a plus.
- Strong interest and comfort level learning new technical systems and software. Knowledge of marketing automation systems a plus.
- Resourceful and solutions-oriented with a “can-do” attitude. Excited by change and exploration.
- Direct experience translating data into actionable insight. Strong communicator – ability to listen, understand and articulate.
- Ability to foster positive relationships across operational business units and at all levels of the organization; Ability to translate complex analysis for a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of predictive analytics, machine learning and/or modeling techniques strongly preferred.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend