||Senior Systems Administrator
The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
to make a difference? Join Us.
NFPA is currently searching for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join the IT team! The Systems Administrator is responsible for implementing, managing and upgrading hardware and software that provides the core functionality of our LAN.
- Provides a high level of LAN support services (user support, product knowledge, vendor relations, etc.) consistent with Association directions.
- Manage Active Directory, Backups, Citrix environment, Group Policies, Software Patching and Deployment, and compliance initiatives.
- Assist with management of Windows based servers, hardware and escalated trouble tickets.
- Translates business requirements into technical solutions and communicates effectively to all levels of technical and managerial staffs in terms they can understand.
- Establishes project plans and milestones for projects, and ensures adherence to target dates and agreed upon schedules.
- Participates as a LAN technical consultant, giving advice and support as directed by the Manager of User Services.
- Operates with a high degree of autonomy in execution of stated objectives.
- Pursues training and certification to remain current with technology trends.
- Works effectively as a team member within in the Information Systems area.
- Participates in setting LAN policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for the management of PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance Program.
- BA/BS, 4-6 years of related experience.
- Operating System Knowledge (Windows, Mac OS, OpenVMS, OS400, Linux etc.)
- LAN knowledge (Backups, Virtualization, Citrix, Security, Storage, Business Continuity etc.)
- Normal office working conditions.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend