The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
Want to make a difference? Join Us.
NFPA is currently recruiting an experienced full stack .Net developer to join our team in defining and delivering enhancements to NFPA’s existing enterprise web applications. The developer will build and maintain web applications and develop and consume
Web services for integration with other applications including Salesforce.
- Provide a high level of support services (user support, product knowledge, vendor relations, etc.) consistent with Association directions.
- Diagnose problems with existing web-based applications and ETL operations using a variety of tools (Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, browser developer tools, Unix terminal, PowerShell, etc.).
- Work with business analysts and end users to spec, build, test, and deploy enhancements and bug fixes within the Information Services Department’s development process.
- Help maintain the Department’s backlog of requested improvements, including working with stakeholders to define requirements for requests.
- Work effectively as a team member within the Information Services Department.
- Other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, CS major preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience professional programming experience.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to discuss technical problems and solutions openly and in great detail with team members and stakeholders.
- Experience working on a software development team, preferably working in an Agile development process.
- Experience developing or working with the Microsoft web development stack (ASP.NET/MVC, SQL Server, Visual Studio, C#, etc.)
- Experience working with front end web development frameworks a plus (Angular, React, CSS frameworks, etc.)
- Experience with Web UI prototyping tools.
- Experience working with version control systems (SVN, Git, etc.).
- Experience building deployment processes a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis.
- Services, and SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
- Experience working in and developing with Salesforce a plus
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend