The National Fire Protection Association’s mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion. An international nonprofit established in 1896, we are dedicated to the elimination of death, injury, property and economic
loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The Association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest
in furthering the NFPA mission.
Want to be part of something big? As an employee of the National Fire Protection Association, you are working toward truly making a difference all over the world. You play a key role in keeping first responders safe, helping to provide architects
with guidelines for building design and safety, providing education to children in schools, and so much more. Employees at NFPA bring a collective passion to work every day as together, they contribute toward solving the fire problem…all while being offered
great benefits, including a generous 403(b) match and an on-site fitness center.
Our meetings group supports over 200 off-site meetings per year! In order to continue to do our best work in coordinating these meetings, we’d like to add another creative, meeting planning superstar to the team! The Meeting planner will be responsible for
all areas of planning and coordination in support of NFPA's off-site meetings. Duties range from preparing RFP's to traveling the NFPA's annual conference and expo, and some pretty rewarding stuff in between!
A Little Bit About You:
- You have extensive knowledge and a deep understanding of event and meeting planning processes.
- You are poised, professional, and fabulously organized, even if you are juggling 65 different things at once.
- You have an affinity, or maybe even a love, for pulling all of the little (and big!) details together that will leave a lasting impression even after the meeting is over.
- Attention to Detail could be (or maybe is) your middle name, and you can multi-task like no other.
- You are a confident negotiator when it comes to contracting with hotels and other venues for off-site meetings.
- Site selection, detailing banquet orders with room setups, and food/beverage arrangements (among other things) are your cup of tea!
- You take pride in being accurate and timely with your communication to stakeholders.
- You hold a BS degree with 4 or more years of experience, and preferably hold a CMP certification.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Source and contract hotels and other venues for NFPA’s off-site meetings.
- Detail NFPA’s off-site meetings including room set-ups, food & beverage arrangements, audio visual, and guestrooms.
- Provide timely and accurate communication to our internal and external stakeholders.
- RFP creation and invoice reconciliation. - Work in and maintain the meetings database; Meeting Evolution.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend