Industrial/ Chemical Engineer/ Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
We are the world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
Do you want to make a difference? We have an ideal opportunity for an engineer to assists technical committees in the development and maintenance of specific technical committee projects involving industrial and chemical engineering facilities and fire and life safety protective measures. The committee projects are of moderate complexity and offer the opportunity to assist members and constituents from various industrial and chemical sectors by providing technical services. Serves as technical project manager for assigned technical committees.
- Technical Committees – Manages moderately complex technical committee activities and projects throughout document development process, serving as technical committee staff liaison in compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
- Product development – Oversees all content development and review of product development activities acting as technical expert in support of any product development within area of expertise.
- Technical services – Provides technical assistance on moderately complex questions in support of internal and external Association activities to support adoption and use of assigned projects and maintains knowledge of new developments in support of incumbent’s technical proficiency.
- External liaison – Represents the Association in a liaison role with federal, state, and local officials in support of their adoption of NFPA codes and standards and works with other standards development organizations to coordinate related standards activities.
- Cross-functional activities – Participates in related Association cross-functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet Association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned within area of technical expertise.
- Budgetary criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
- Bachelors degree in chemical, industrial or fire protection engineering; Ability to prepare correspondence, data and presentation materials using Microsoft Office. 3 – 5 years experience.