Project Manager, Product Development / Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
We are the world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
Do you want to make a difference? We have an ideal opportunity for the Project Manager to be responsible for working within the product development team to help grow, manage and maintain the assigned product line. Responsible for researching, conceptualizing and developing content for products that meet the customer need and support market segmentation. Overall responsibility for the management of a product line life cycle and will develop the project plans and direct all milestones.
- Manage product line strategy by conceptualizing and maintaining project plans.
- Determine and monitor product schedules and budgets.
- Provide team leadership for cross functional team assigned to each product throughout the development lifecycle process.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop new content.
- Liaise with outside vendors, strategic partners and external authors/contributors.
- Obtain market knowledge / understand market needs through research and identify improvements and additions to product lines.
- Work with technology partners and internal IS department on product feature development including requirements, development status and deliverables.
- Work with Marketing, Sales and Fulfilment to direct launch and promote product.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of proven project management experience
- At least 3 years content development to meet the customer need
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities
- Demonstrated success in project leadership
- Ability to communicate priorities, goals, and deadlines across functional teams
- Focused, highly organized, superb follow through skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Resourceful, positive attitude