Product Marketing Manager/ Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
We are the world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
Do you want to make a difference? We have an ideal opportunity for the Product Marketing Manager to own overall responsibility for the development of new and current product offerings to specific market segments through a deep understanding of customer needs. These market segments include the following: Jobs: Contractor/Installer, Designer/Engineer, Inspection/Enforcer, Facility Manager. Industry: Fire Service, Industrial/Chemical, Healthcare.
- Develops new and existing products while owning revenue responsibility for the breadth of the market segment to meet budgeted revenues and contributions.
- Identifies product distribution, marketing messaging and develops the business models for pricing and the development of a product launch schedule.
- Provide leadership around the development of new products specifically with regard for the messaging and positioning of products.
- Plan the launch of new products and releases as well as manage the cross functional new product development process. This includes developing all products on schedule while working through a critical path.
- Responsible for overall profitability of new and assigned product offerings.
- Drive the product development process and pilot programs with early-stage products through market launch.
- Manage the product forecast, build planning and product obsolescence.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in product development, marketing or closely related field.
- At least five years of experience developing, driving and marketing new products.
- Experience working with spreadsheet applications and databases required.
- Demonstrated experience in fiscal accountability.
- Travel required, should be in the field 30-50% of the time.