Product Marketing Manager/ Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
We are the world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
NFPA is looking for a rock-star Product Marketing Manager, focused on new product innovations based on customer insights, to join our exceptional team. This is a high exposure role reporting directly to the Division Director of Marketing & Sales. This person will be instrumental in helping NFPA convey to internal and external audiences how our solutions-based products can positively impact their jobs and make the world a safer place.
- Develops new and existing products while owning revenue responsibility for the breadth of the market segment to meet budgeted revenues and contributions.
- Identifies product distribution, marketing messaging and develops the business models for pricing and the development of a product launch schedule.
- Provide leadership around the development of new products specifically with regard for the messaging and positioning of products.
- Plan the launch of new products and releases as well as manage the cross functional new product development process. This includes developing all products on schedule while working through a critical path.
- Responsible for overall profitability of new and assigned product offerings.
- Drive the product development process and pilot programs with early-stage products through market launch.
- Manage the product forecast, build planning and product obsolescence.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in product development, marketing or closely related field.
- At least five years of experience developing, driving and marketing new products including digital applications and electronic products.
- Experience working with spreadsheet applications and databases required.
- Demonstrated experience in fiscal accountability.
- Travel required, should be in the field 30-50% of the time.