Emergency Services Specialist / Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
We are the world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
Do you want to make a difference? We have an ideal opportunity for an Emergency Services Specialist to provide staff liaison support to technical committees and provide technical support and advisory services on subjects related to the emergency services and emergency management, including fire protection, fire investigation, emergency responders safety and occupational health, emergency medical services, fire science education, and law enforcement. In addition, participate in research and analysis projects related to fire investigation and fire service occupational health and safety.
- Technical Committees – Manages moderately complex technical committee activities and projects throughout document development process, serving as technical committee staff liaison in compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
- Product development – Oversees all content development and review of product development activities acting as technical expert in support of any product development within area of expertise.
- Technical services – Provides technical assistance on moderately complex questions in support of internal and external Association activities to support adoption and use of assigned projects and maintains knowledge of new developments in support of incumbent’s technical proficiency.
- External liaison – Represents the Association in a liaison role with federal, state, and local officials in support of their adoption of NFPA codes and standards and works with other standards development organizations to coordinate related standards activities.
- Cross-functional activities – Participates in related Association cross-functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet Association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned within area of technical expertise.
- Budgetary criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as public administration or fire science.
- 3 – 5 years experience.
- Proven project management experience and excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and writing skills are important.