Associate Engineer/ Location: Quincy, MA
National Fire Protection Association is an international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896. Our mission is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
We are the world's leading advocate of fire prevention and an authoritative source on public safety, NFPA develops, publishes, and disseminates more than 300 consensus codes and standards intended to minimize the possibility and effects of fire and other risks.
Do you want to make a difference? We have an ideal opportunity for an Associate Engineer that provides technical support to assigned projects. Works under close supervision and within clearly defined guidelines as established by the NFPA Regulations Governing Committee Projects. Serves as a focal point for advisory services and related areas in support of the technical subjects relating to the committee assignments.
- Technical Committee– Manages basic technical committee activities and projects throughout document development process, serving to provide technical assistance with compliance with the NFPA Standards Development Process.
- Product Development – Collaborates with and assists senior staff with compilation of information and review for product development activities within the area of expertise.
- Technical Services – Provides basic technical services in support of internal and external association activities within their area of expertise to support the adoption and use of the assigned standards; ensures consistency with NFPA positions.
- Cross functional activities – Participates in related association cross functional activities providing technical review and input within area of expertise to meet association goals.
- Special Projects – Manages special projects as assigned.
- Budgetary Criteria – Provides required budgetary information for assigned projects.
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- Ability to prepare correspondence, data and presentation materials using Microsoft Office. 0 – 3 years experience.