||Per Diem (PRN)
||Treating seniors with the compassion and quality of home care they deserve is not only part of the mission of Senior Home Care, it is at the very core of everything we do. Each year, the divisions of Senior Home Care deliver care to more than 50,000 seniors with personalized home health care programs created with the individual and their specific needs in mind. We are currently looking to add a dynamic Speech-Language Pathologist to our team.
1. Conducts appropriate evaluative procedures, assesses home environment, and identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
2. Identifies functional speech defects and establishes goals and plan of care to improve patient’s function and participates in the development of the total plan of care.
3. Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
4. Recommends communication devices/aids as needed.
5. Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
6. Participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
7. Prepares and submits clinical and progress records per office policy or federal/state regulations.
8. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home services and refers as appropriate.
9. Instructs patient/family/caregiver and other organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment regime as indicated.
10. Participates in peer consultation process.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
||1. Possess a degree which includes an internship from an approved master’s program in Speech-Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulations.
2. Meet the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech-Language Association (ASHA).
3. Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in Speech-Language Pathology.
4. Possess and maintain current CPR certification.
||Send This Job to a Friend