VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
» BROWSE OPEN JOBS
» SEARCH OPEN JOBS
» EDIT YOUR PROFILE
» VIEW SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS
» SUBMIT YOUR RESUME
(without applying to a specific job)
VHB’s Watertown, MA office is seeking a Pavement Technician to join its team. The pavement group specializes in testing and designing pavements, monitoring hot mix asphalt material for quality at the plant and during placement in the field, as well as forensic investigation of failures. VHB helps clients achieve results through the talents of our exceptional people and services. Working with the pavement group offers the best of both worlds – a small company feel with the benefits and support of a large company.
• Field sampling of roadway pavement structures
• Occasional travel, out of state, for intervals of up to two weeks at a time; Special projects may require extended travel for up to a month at a time
• Use of heavy equipment such as a jack hammer, core drill and generator on a regular basis
• Sampling and testing material at Hot Mix Asphalt Plants
• Work at the asphalt plant, sampling and testing hot asphalt as it leaves the plant
• Perform In-house laboratory, materials testing
• Network-level Pavement Management Surveys
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to be available on short notice and work extended hours, possibly at night, and to be at asphalt plants throughout MA & CT at early hours
• Ability to adhere to safety procedures such as wearing personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hardhats, work boots, and a respirator
• Ability to run a large variety of tests on paving materials to a high degree of precision.
• Ability to work with some hazardous substances. You will again be required, as always, to wear proper personal protective equipment.
• Ability to use your personal vehicle to inspect roadway pavement surfaces as well as drainage features and sidewalks when performing network-level pavement management surveys
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the construction industry
• Certifications with NETTCP are required
• Experience with the use of a Nuclear Density Gauge is a plus
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office® applications are desired
• High School Diploma or GED
• VHB will train a motivated individual with strong organizational, analytical and verbal skills
• Must have own transportation.
Please submit applications online: www.vhb.com. For questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Marquis at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
VHB is a passionate team of 1,000 professionals including engineers, scientists, planners, and designers. We are invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VHB ensures non discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. VHB Participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
"We are an equal opportunity employer, which includes individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Send This Job to a Friend
Complete Office List
© Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.