VHB is seeking an Environmental Planner to join our Watertown, MA office. VHB’s Environmental Planning and Sustainability group is hiring a professional to assist with the preparation of environmental reports and sustainability plans for a diverse set of clients, including airports, local governments, universities, and other transportation organizations and government agencies.
We are looking for applicants that have demonstrated experience in environmental planning and NEPA.
• Technical analysis and report writing
• Coordination with technical subconsultants
• Attendance and participation in stakeholder meetings and public hearings
• Coordination with clients and other project team members
Skills and abilities:
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Highly Organized
• Capable of coordinating and performing multiple tasks
• Experience with stakeholder facilitation, public presentations and public hearings
• Ability to problem solve and think creatively
• Knowledge of airports, local governments, energy efficiency, waste management/recycling, climate adaptation/resiliency planning a plus.
• B.S./B.A. in environmental science, natural science, engineering, or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in environmental consulting or related field.
• Advanced study or equivalent experience in urban or institutional planning a plus.
• Writing samples and references will be required.
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is a 900 person firm that provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, and environmental services from 22 offices throughout the east coast. Engineering News-Record ranks VHB 78th of the Top 500 U.S. Design Firms and among the Top 50 Transportation Firms in the Nation. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on a culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm. VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VHB ensures non discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. VHB Participates in the E-verify employment authorization program. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. *LI-VHB