||Seasonal Prepress Assistant
||This temporary/seasonal position will support the Prepress Department by processing and preparing author-provided manuscripts for press. The assistant will be working with electronic files (PDFs), making revisions and using advanced editing tools to create
a file prepared for printing. This person will also be supporting the process of preparing and gathering files to send to offsite resources
Even though this is a production position and not a creative position, applicants with design experience are encouraged to apply. Some work will require use of standard design software.
The Prepress Assistant position will be required for the period between May through early-August.
Attention to detail is very important.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac platforms
- Enfocus Pitstop
- Prepress (setting up files for professional printing)
- Degree or pursuing degree in Graphic Design
- Ability to learn and follow directions
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professional attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as a team player
- Okay with “busy work” (filing, photo edits, file clean-up, etc.) during some of the slower times
- Always pushing his/herself to do quality work