||Video Specialist/Editor (Contractor)
Macmillan Learning is seeking a Part-Time Video Specialist who is deeply creative and thrives in a fast-paced environment. As a video specialist for Macmillan Learning, you will work alongside the Video Producer to effectively delivering
various messages and stories about the company, products, services, and people. The Specialist will assist in the capture, edit, and produce videos and photographs for both internal and external purposes.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable taking a concept to final product, through storyboarding, filming, and editing. This individual may work on multiple projects at once, elevating our video content to new levels, and delivering high-quality videos
that support our brand, authors, and employees in an engaging and shareable manner.
- Assist the Video Producer to Create photo and video content for Macmillan Learning brands, authors, and employees.
- Capture high-quality video both on location (ie on campus, at company offices or industry conferences) as projects dictate.
- Shoot and edit content to build a library of videos that enable us to tell our brand story to customers and prospective employees.
- Assist in the technical setup for shoots, including lighting, audio, and positioning of individuals on camera.
- Ensure timely, effective, and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Be a creative evangelist, with an eye towards engagement and audience growth on corporate social channels.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in video production with an intimate understanding of best social media practices to increase consumption of video content.
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Suite of products, primarily Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom is a plus.
- Must be familiar with multi-camera editing.
- Must demonstrate an excellent eye for design and visual expression.
- Must possess superior communication skills, both in conveying video best practices and project details/ideas across all levels of the company, including the executive team.
- Must be able to create various pieces of content from a single piece of content and tailor it to specific channels or customers.
- Must have a proven track record in developing video programs that drive engagement on social media channels.
- Must be an effective multi-tasker and deadline manager, at times in high pressure conditions due to timeline or executive need.
- Must demonstrate patience and willingness to receive multiple points of feedback during edit.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize work or projects as they come in.