||Biochemistry Contract Author
||The Biochemistry Contractor is responsible for writing clear assessment questions and answers of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of concepts in biochemistry. S/he will author hints, answers and feedback that provide
insightful diagnosis of student mistakes and misconceptions and coach students toward comprehension.
The qualified candidate will be able to work remotely throughout the US
· Writing clear, engaging assessment questions which test student’s understanding and application of concepts.
· Authoring hints and feedback that anticipate common student errors, provide insightful diagnosis of their misconceptions, and coach them toward comprehension of the material.
· Creating answers to these questions that are complete and concise.
· Inputting the questions, hints, solutions, and feedback into the software.
· Providing clear, concise feedback to other contractors in order to correct errors of content, spelling, grammar, and/or pedagogy.
· Strong knowledge base in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a closely related field
· Recent experience teaching biochemistry, or closely related courses
· Desire to see students learn and succeed in their roles as students
· Ability to write conceptual questions
· Experience writing original homework and/or test questions
· Strong computer skills including the ability to quickly learn new products and technology
· Experience teaching undergraduate biochemistry, or closely related course
· Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
Minimum 10 - 15 hours per week
MS, MA, or PhD, in biochemistry, or a closely related field