Field Sales Representative (National Accounts)
Macmillan Learning is a division of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, Late Nite Labs, Hayden-McNeil, and Dynamic Books. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC, d/b/a Macmillan Learning.
Macmillan Learning is currently seeking a highly skilled and competitive individual to sell textbooks and educational technology products to Administrators, College Professors and Instructional Designers within the Career College, government and corporate channels. The current position is located in San Diego, with major accounts in California, Arizona, Michigan and Illinois.
The Sales Representative position requires the individual to initiate daily sales calls remotely and bi-weekly sales calls onsite, with appropriate Faculty, Administrators and Technology Staff and provide detailed information and follow-up regarding about available product offerings.
• Serve as the account executive within assigned territory for the Career College, government, and corporate channels.
• Report any contract renewal or price negotiation scenarios to appropriate Macmillan Learning personne
• Understand and achieve assigned sales goals
• Develop strong relationships with new and existing customers by demonstrating our products, recommending solutions, and providing service and support.
• Work collaboratively with your Manager, Marketing and Editorial teams to help drive the sales of all existing products.
• Travel regionally and nationally, as required, to existing accounts and work effectively to identify, develop, and close new sales opportunities
• Coordinate resources for technology service & training for existing and potential customers
• Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
• Provide feedback on competition, market trends, and market reaction to our products
• Consult with professors, administrators and educational leaders to sell ML & institutional products
• Track all sales opportunities through Salesforce.com database.
• Persist on following up on existing opportunities and tracking the opportunity until the sale is closed.
• Uncover new sales opportunities through conversations and inquires.
• Run and capitalize on existing reports to track business, uncover new business and pull calling lists.
• Stay abreast of ordering trends and requirements by speaking with faculty, reviewing college websites and tracking opportunities. The representative is expected to be the spokesperson for their territory and will be asked to share that knowledge in many different occasions.
• Capitalize on sales opportunities by coordinating appointments with decision making faculty.
• Sample material and reach out to key decision makers.
• Develop in-depth product knowledge of the ML disciplines & IClicker/REEF identified as critical to the territory’s success in a given year.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of competitors’ products in markets that are key to the territory’s growth and success.
• Attend the company’s National Sales Meeting yearly and partake in additional training sessions.
PLANNING, AND GROWTH
• Work with Manager to help promote and service ML & institutional products
• Also work closely with Publishers, Editors, and Marketing Managers to develop successful strategies designed to gain market share. Communicate and reinforce those strategies at regional and national meetings, and day to day with the other inside sales representatives.
• Develop a working Territory Operating plan that can be used throughout the selling season.
• Set and meet daily, weekly and monthly goals. These goals should include a clear set of target accounts.
• Manage a calendar of important dates and upcoming events.
• Weekly telephone calls to and with assigned Sales Manager
• Use company CRM to plan and complete your sales activities as well as maintain a current and accurate data base of relevant information
• Submission of travel and entertainment expense reports on a timely basis
• Ongoing reviews of new product (marketing) information by email
• Organizational Planning
• Pre-planning for visits to each campus and reporting of activities for each day on campus
• Planning quarters/ semester travel itineraries
• Budget Management
• Effective and timely allocation of sampling budgets
• Effective use of travel and entertainment budgets to increase productivity throughout a sales territory and the sales year
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with sales management, sales representatives, editors and marketing managers
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
• Available to travel occasionally
• Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
• Sets high standards for his/her performance
• Uses time efficiently
• Follows through on all commitments
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
• Speaks persuasively in positive/negative situations
• Responds well to questions, if needed
• Demonstrates group presentation skills
• Strategizes to meet organizational goals
• Demonstrated expertise in technology
• College Degree Required
• Minimum of two years successful sales, marketing, or operational experience preferred
Send This Job to a Friend
Visit a Publisher’s website
- - - - - - - - - -
Farrar, Straus & Giroux
First Second Books
St. Martin's Press
- - - - - - - - - -
Feiwel & Friends
Farrar, Straus & Giroux Books for Young Readers
Henry Holt Books for Young Readers
Square Fish Books
COLLEGE & ACADEMIC
- - - - - - - - - -
MAGAZINES & JOURNALS
- - - - - - - - - -