||Chemistry Content Author (Contractor)
We are looking for someone with a chemistry background who also has a passion for teaching.
Sapling Learning, established in 2005, is a brand within Macmillan Learning that specializes in designing carefully crafted interactive homework questions, study resources, and interactives. Our work impacts thousands of students every day. We currently
have an opening for a contractor to assist with our chemistry projects. You will help write and review end of chapter problems and solutions.
- Write clear, step by step explanations for end-of-chapters problems for a digital General Chemistry book
- Respond to feedback and revise as necessary
- Write and review Sapling Chemistry questions. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Given a brief description, use your expertise to write engaging, clear chemistry questions and answers of varying difficulties that target common misconceptions
- Within each question, author hints, solutions, and targeted feedback that provide insightful diagnoses of common student mistakes and misconceptions to clarify student understanding
- As appropriate, create mock-ups (descriptions and examples of illustrations) for our art team
- Once trained, review existing questions and provide feedback to other authors
- Work on other content-related tasks as they arise.
- Peer collaboration - work and network with peer chemistry educators
- Weekly pay based on hours worked - receive direct deposit each week for the hours you put in the previous week
- Impact thousands of students
- Strong technical computer skills and proven ability to quickly master new software systems (experience with Google Sheets a plus)
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable, flexible, and collaborative
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond well to feedback
- Experience with learning objectives, Bloom’s, and/or Depth of Knowledge preferred
- At least one year of chemistry teaching experience required; experience as a higher education chemistry professor or instructor strongly preferred
- Upon hire, must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week.
- Masters or PhD (in progress qualifies) in chemistry
- Austin (preferred)
- Possible for remote work