||Calculus Content Author (Contract)
Are you a mathematician or math educator with a passion for teaching others? Do you have at least 15 hours a week to help improve education? Come join our team!
is looking for contract authors to work on content creation for interactive assessment items. Our work impacts thousands of students every day. We currently have contract author openings for our Calculus project.
- Given a brief description, use your expertise to write engaging, clear questions of varying difficulties that assess specific learning objectives and target common misconceptions
- Within each question, author hints, solutions, and targeted feedback that provide insightful diagnosis of common student mistakes and misconceptions to clarify student understanding
- Once trained, review and provide feedback to other authors
- Flexible hours - you have the ability to set your own hours
- Paid training - we’ll teach you pedagogy skills and how to get the most from our authoring system
- Peer collaboration - work and network with peer calculus educators
- Weekly pay based on hours worked - receive direct deposit each week for the hours you put in the previous week
- Impact thousands of students - help build the product that will be the future of calculus education
- Must be able to commit at least 15 hours a week to project for at least 3 months
- Strong technical background, preferably in web-based solutions
- Possesses strong computer skills including strong word processing capabilities and proven ability to master software systems
- Exemplary written communication skills
- Is adaptable, flexible, and collaborative
- Experience with learning objectives, Bloom’s, and/or Depth of Knowledge preferred
- Experience as a professor, classroom teacher, tutor, or teaching assistant strongly preferred
- Upon hire, must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Masters or PhD (in progress qualifies) in mathematics OR
- Masters or PhD (in progress qualifies) in science or engineering and 1 year calculus teaching experience
- Bachelors in Mathematics, science, or engineering and over 4 years calculus teaching experience
Work can be completed remotely. Local authors can spend some working hours in the Austin office.
Work begins in March 2019 and concludes June 2019, with possible extension through December 2019