The Genetics Contractor is responsible for writing clear questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of concepts in Genetics. S/he will author hints, solutions and feedback that provide insightful diagnosis
of student mistakes and misconceptions and coach students toward mastery.
- Writing clear, engaging questions which test student’s understanding and application of concepts.
- Authoring hints and feedback that anticipate common student errors, provide insightful diagnosis of their misconceptions, and coach them toward mastering the material.
- Creating solutions to these questions that are complete and concise.
- Inputting the questions, hints, solutions, and feedback into the software.
- Providing clear, concise feedback to other contractors in order to correct errors of content, spelling, grammar, and/or pedagogy.
- MS or MA in Genetics or closely related subject, PhD in progress will be considered.
- Strong knowledge base in Genetics
- Experience teaching Genetics or closely related subject and writing original homework and/or test questions
- Desire to see students learn and succeed in their roles as students
- Ability to write conceptual questions
- Experience writing original homework and/or test questions
- Strong computer skills including the ability to quickly learn new products and technology
- Recent experience tutoring for Higher Education
Hours: 10-20 Hours Per Week
Location: Remote USA