||Contracted Employee Assignment: Editorial Assistant
||Please note: This is a temporary assignment; however, the individual selected to perform it will be employed by Headway Corporate Resources. Date of assignment: January 22-August 9, 2019
Working in Macmillan Learning Curriculum Solutions Publishing Group, this individual will assist with editorial, production, administrative, and marketing assignments, as needed.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations across various customer-facing databases, namely: Bedford Select, LabPartner, Freeman Select, and Worth Select. Work may include but is not limited to:
o Requesting permissions
o Confirming details with instructors and sales reps
o Placing orders and arranging shipments
o Database maintenance and updates
• Assist in the production of all types of custom projects, including but not limited to:
o Preparing and formatting manuscript
o Creating front matter and TOCs
o Creating pagination guides
o Creating informational spreadsheets
o Clearing permissions
• Assist with other administrative work, including contracts, gathering information for estimates, working on spreadsheets, etc.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Ability to handle multiple projects while working in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills
• Excellent and demonstrated proofreading skills and attentiveness to detail
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and WebEx
• One year of relevant work experience, including student internships
• Previous book publishing experience a plus
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required; English major preferred
Candidates will not be considered without a cover letter.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample and take a proofreading test.